Pregnant women undergo physiological and postural changes throughout their pregnancy. These changes may cause various complaints which include:
- Sciatica and low back pain
- SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction)
- Generalized muscular pain
- Pelvis and buttock pain
- Breathlessness and difficulty in deep breathing due to rib and diaphragm restrictions as well as costochondritis / Tietze syndrome.
- Rib and restrictions of the chest in addition to tension with the organs attached onto the diaphragm can exacerbate the sickness and heartburn experienced.
Osteopathy can be effective in resolving these mechanical complaints, this would facilitate a more relaxed and easy pregnancy with minimum discomfort and stress for both mother and baby.
Our treatment approach for expectant mothers is gentle and considered. We use a variety of techniques depending on the nature of the complaint, ranging from gentle indirect cranial work to more direct structural techniques and soft tissue work.